This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
- To travel in transit through the Kingdom in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country (category “TS”)
If you will not exit a transit lounge and not exceeding 12 hours, you do not need a Transit Visa.
- To participate in sports activities (category “S”) *** Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month, Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them.
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category “C”)
Validity of visa
This visa must be utilized within 3 months from the date of issue.
- Period of stay
Duration of stay up to 30 days per each entry, begin on the first date you arrive in Thailand.
- Required document
- Your original Passport. Must not expire within 6 months and contain at least TWO completely empty visa page
- 1 copy of Passport or Travel Document. (The page(s) shows your photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
- 1 application form [ Download ] (completed and signed by the applicant. Parents can sign for the minor).
- 2 photos (photos paper size 3.5 x 4.5 cm , white color background, taken within 6 months)
- 1 copy of residence card (pink card issued by UDI) or a copy of the applicant’s Schengen visa or other evidence to prove that the applicant is legally residing in Norway (only for non-Norwegian and passport holders)
- 1 copy of airline ticket (showing flights into and out of Thailand). If applying for 2 entries, the ticket must show 2 entries into Thailand.
- 1 copies of applicant’s recent bank statement
Please note that there are some nationalities that require:
1. Additional documents (see at the bottom of this page)
2. Health Requirement (see at the bottom of this page)
- Processing time
- In person : Applications are usually processed within 5 working days after submitting all of the required documents. However, the processing time could take longer than 5 working days during high season (Application is to be submitted on Monday-Friday between 9-12 a.m.)
- Via post : To apply visa by mail usually takes longer time to proceed. Usual process takes approximately 14 working days or longer without mailing time.
- Applicants can check the status of their visa applications by sending email to email@example.com
- Visa fees (Can only be paid in cash)
The visa fee is 200 NOK per entry.
If the applicant wants to have their passport mailed back, please include a self-addressed stamp envelop when submitting an application. Envelope size 20 cm x 27 cm and 210 NOK of stamp with track number from Posten.
- Important information
- Regulations are subject to change without notice. Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary. Consular officers assume the right to deny or grant any type of visa to the applicant.
- The visa expiration date is shown on the visa. Depending on the alien’s nationality, visas can be issued for any number of entries, from as little as one entry to as many as multiple (unlimited) entries, for the same purpose of travel.
- This generally means the visa is valid or can be used from the date it is issued until the date it expires, for travel for the same purpose, when the visa is issued for multiple entries.
- This time period from the visa issuance date to visa expiration date as shown on the visa is called visa validity. If you travel frequently as a tourist for example, with a multiple entry visa, you do not have to apply for a new visa each time you want to travel to Thailand.
- The visa validity is the length of time you are permitted to travel to a port-of-entry in Thailand to request permission of the immigration officer to permit you to enter Thailand. The visa does not guarantee entry to Thailand.
- The Expiration Date for the visa should not be confused with the authorized length of your stay in Thailand, given to you by the immigration officer at port-of-entry. The visa expiration date has nothing to do with the authorized length of your stay in Thailand for any given visit.
- Each time you arrive at the port-of-entry, an immigration officer decides whether to allow you to enter and how long you can stay. Only the immigration officer has the authority to permit you to enter Thailand.