This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the following purposes:
- Transit through Thailand to a country of destination. (category “TS”)
REMARK: Transit visa is not required for applicants who stay in the transit area before the immigration check point not exceeding 12 hours.
- Participation in sports activities (category “S”) *** Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month, Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them.
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category “C”)
Validity of visa
Within 3 months from the date of issue.
- Period of stay
Duration of stay up to 30 days per each entry, begin on the first date you arrive in Thailand.
- Required document
- Visa application form [ Download ] completely filled out and signed by the applicant.
- Your original Passport. The Passport must have validity not less than 6 months and have at least TWO available pages for visa.
- A copy of the Passport page with photo and details of applicants.
- Two (2) passport-size photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm , white color background, taken within 6 months)
- A copy of plane tickets (showing flights into and out of Thailand)
- 1 copies of applicant’s recent bank statement
- For Transit Visa Category “S”: letter of invitation stating the application’s participation in sports activities is requested
- For Transit Visa Category “C”: Letter from company stating the objective of the visit to Thailand is requested
- Some applicants may be required to present a copy of residence card, or other evidence to prove that the applicant is legally residing in Norway as well as other related documents.
How to apply
- In Person (by appointment only): The visa application must be submitted to Email email@example.com for pre-approval not less than 14 days prior to the expected date of departure. The Royal Thai Embassy will ONLY consider a complete application and reserves the right to ask for further documentation.
Please note that the Royal Thai Embassy shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any delay in processing or grant or rejection of the visa application of any applicant. Applications are usually processed 5 working days after submitting all of the required documents. However, the processing time could take longer than 5 working days during high season (Application is to be submitted on Tuesday and Friday between 9-12 a.m.)
- Via post (TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED) : To apply visa by mail usually takes longer time to proceed. Usual process takes approximately 14 working days or longer without mailing time. Postal address : Royal Thai Embassy PO Box 4056 AMB 0244 Oslo
Visa Fee (Can only be paid in cash)
- 300 NOK