Tourism, short visit or medical
Ordinary passport holder who wishes to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes is subjected to be granted Tourist visa:
- ● Tourism
● Short visit to family living in Thailand.
- ● Medical treatment with registered hospitals.
- ● Participants of MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Convention & Exhibitions) supported by TCEB.
- 1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
- 2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.
- 3. Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).
- 4. Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht ≈ 6000 NOK per person and 40,000 Baht ≈ 12000 NOK per family).
5. Health Insurance Policy Certificate covering all expenditures of medical treatments including COVID-19 worth at least 100,000 USD
Validity of the visa
The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.
Period of Stay
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
SINGLE ENTRY: 350 NOK
MULTIPLE ENTRY: 1700 NOK (TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED)
Extension of Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th
). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.