ENTER THAILAND (COVID-19)
Special Tourist Visa (STV)
From 2 October 2020 Non-Thai citizens from countries in the COVID-19 low-risk groups according to the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand are eligible to apply for a 90-days Special Tourist Visa or STV for the purpose of tourism. The holder of STV who needs to extend the duration of stay is requested to contact the Immigration Bureau of Thailand every 90 days. Please note that the STV cannot be changed to other types of visas.
Remark: At present, Norway is in the list of COVID-19 low-risk countries and Iceland is in the list of COVID-19 medium risk countries. The Covid-19 risk level of each country will be updated every 1 and 15 dates of each month. The applicant is required to check information from THIS PAGE [For Non-Thai citizens who are eligible to enter Thailand During the COVID-19 situation] before submitting the application for STV.
To apply for the STV, applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
1. Passport with validity of more than 12 months – original plus 2 copies of signature and photograph page
2. Filled Visa Application form.
3. Declaration Form. Link for Declaration Form
4. Health and Accident Insurance that covers the whole period of stay in Thailand of the applicant (Purchase from a Thai Insurance Company ONLY), with coverage for Outpatient Treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and Inpatient Treatment of no less than 400,000 baht.
5. Health insurance policy covering all expenditures of medical treatments, including COVID-19 worth at least 100,000 USD.
6. Confirmed of 14-day quarantine in the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ).
7. Document that confirmed the applicant’s ownership of a room in a condominium in Thailand or the ownership of the applicant’s direct family member or the documents showing that the purchase of the condominium is in process and the applicant already has already paid at least 2 installments.
8. In case the applicant does not have a room in a condominium in Thailand, confirmed of payment for hotel rooms or rented accommodation during the whole period of stay in Thailand must be submitted.
9. Spouse and children of the applicant (Children must not be over 20 years old) are required documents confirming relations with the applicant and also documents in 1-6
10. The STV applicant and family members must fill in the form “Supplement Document for the Special Tourist Visa Application ” and sign to confirm that they do not have the following diseases: Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, the third phase of Syphilis.