From 11 November 2020, Non-Thai citizens, whose age are over 50 years old, are eligible to apply for Non-O Retirement Visa (Single entry)
to enter Thailand. Applicants are requested to submit documents to the Royal Thai Embassy in Oslo by email: email@example.com
for pre-approval. Due to the high number of correspondences during the COVID-19 situation, applicants’ emails will be responded within 7 working days and the appointment to deliver original documents in person will be scheduled and informed by the Consular Section in due course. The visa process is 5 working days.
For pre-approval, copies of the following documents must be attached:
- Passport (The page (s) shows your photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
- Visa Application form (completed and signed by applicant). [Download Visa Application Form]
- Residence card or other evidence to prove that the applicant is legally residing in Norway or Iceland (only for non-Norwegian / non-Icelandic passport holders)
- Return air tickets
- Proof of accommodation during the whole period of stay in Thailand
- Evidence of the latest 3-month pension payment from NAV or insurance company or Staten pengekasse (NOT selvangovelse or skatteoppgjør). The amount must not be less than 65,000 baht per month (20,000 NOK per month) OR
- Bank statement with balance of no less than 800,000 baht (230,000 NOK) and the latest 3-month pension payment from NAV.
- Health and Accident Insurance that covers the whole period of stay in Thailand of the applicant, with coverage for Outpatient Treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and Inpatient Treatment of no less than 400,000 baht.
- The holder of valid Non O Retirement visa or Non O Retirement Re-Entry Permit can apply for COE to enter Thailand by having health and accident insurance that covers the whole period of stay in Thailand of the applicant, with coverage for Outpatient Treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and Inpatient Treatment of no less than 400,000 baht submitted in the online registration process. The issuance of COE will not be considered without having the said document attached in the system.
In order to apply for the visa, the original copies of the above-mentioned documents must be submitted along with 2 photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm, white color background, taken within 6 months). Please note that the passport must have a validity of more than 6 months and contain at least two completely empty visa pages. The visa process is 5 working days.
- All applicants are required to have Certificate of Entry (COE) for traveling to Thailand. [See more information about COE HERE]
- Non-Thai citizens are also required to have the COVID-19 PCR test with negative result and Fit to Fly certificate, issued within 72 hours before the departure, otherwise the Airlines could deny the boarding or the Thai authorities concerned could deny an entry into Thailand of the passenger.
The above-mentioned documents must be submitted to E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org not less than 14 days prior to the expected date of departure. The Royal Thai Embassy will ONLY consider a complete application and reserves the right to ask for further documentation. Please note that the Royal Thai Embassy shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any delay in processing or grant or rejection of the visa application of any applicant.