All Thai documents that will be used in foreign countries must be translated into English and must be legalised by the Ministry of foreign Affairs in Thailand before it can be legalised by the Royal Thai Embassy in Oslo.
How to apply:
Walk-In – No appointment needed. The opening hours are from 10.00-12.00 from Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except Royal Embassy’s Holidays).
By Post– Please attach all the required documents, fees, extra envelope and postage stamps.
Legalisation verifies that:
- The signature on the document is genuine.
- The person who has signed the document is a public official who is authorised to sign the document concerned (i.e. the signature of a government authorised translator or similar is not sufficient).
- The official stamp of the government agency that has issued the document is genuine.
The Royal Thai Embassy does NOT verify or entail:
- Any validation of the accuracy of the content of the document.
- A signature of a foreigner.
Therefore, the normal legalisation process is as below:
- Firstly, the document is certified by a notary public, normally the district court (click here, NOTARIUS PUBLICUS).
- It is then legalised by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (click here, Legalisation/Legaliseringer).
- Lastly, the document is legalised by the Royal Thai Embassy so it can be used in Thailand.
- A foreign applicant or representative must bring his/her valid COPY OF PASSPORT along with an application.
- A request form, download here A request form for legalisation.
Fee: 150NOK (Cash only, please bring the exact amount) per one verification/stamp.
Processing times: 2 working days (after the fee is paid).
NOTE: If an applicant wants to have documents mailed back, a self-addressed stamped A4 size envelope with sufficient postage stamp (250NOK of postage stamp with tracking number from Posten to be send as a registered letter) MUST be included with the application.
The Royal Thai Embassy is NOT responsible for a lost parcel or envelope.
Consular services should be made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org