Application for a divorce certificate at the Royal Thai Embassy can be done only if the 2 parties consent voluntarily. Only couples who are married under Thai law can apply for a divorce certificate at the Royal Thai Embassy. (Applicants MUST come personally)

Please scan all the required documents and send to The Embassy will schedule an appointment for you once we see that you have all the required documents.

Required documents:

  1. A request form, click here to download the form คำร้องนิติกรณ์
  2. A divorce registration application and investigation form.
  3. Original marriage certificate of both parties.
  4. Passport and one copy of passport of both parties.
  5. Thai house registration or I.D. card and one copy of both parties.
  6. Certificate of residence or bostedsattest and one copy of both parties.
  7. Two witnesses and one copy of passport and I.D. card of the witnesses.

NOTE: If applicants want to have documents mailed back, a self-addressed stamped A4 size envelope with sufficient postage (250NOK of postage stamp with tracking number from Posten to be send as a registered letter) must be included with the application.

The Royal Thai Embassy is NOT responsible for a lost parcel or envelope.


This Website or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data, IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes explained in the Cookie Policy.  It’s completely your choice to control your cookies.

Please read our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy carefully before you start to use this Website. By continuing using this Website or by clicking “I ACCEPT” when this option is made available to you, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by our Privacy Policy.

If you do not want to agree to the Privacy Policy, you must not access or use the Website.