Children of Thai nationals who are born in Norway have the right get a Thai birth certificate at the Royal Thai Embassy by applying. If your children is half Thai and Norwegian or other nationalities, your children can hold Thai nationality and nationality of their foreign father or mother until the children reach age of 20.
Please scan all the required documents and send to email@example.com
The Embassy will schedule an appointment for you once we see that you have all the required documents.
- A birth certificate (fødselsattest), MUST in English, from local register office (lokal folkeregister kontoret).
Afterwards, you must take the birth certificate to the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalisation, click here for more information Legaliseringer.
- A birth report (fødselsmelding) from the hospital where your child was born. It must contain name of the child’s mother, date, time of birth, the child’s weight at birth or other certificates from the hospital containing these information. If you do not have a birth report, you must bring ‘‘EPIKRISE’’ from the clinic.
- One copy of I.D. card and one copy of house registration of the child’s mother.
- A marriage certificate (vigselsattest) from Thailand or from Norway. If the applicant does not have a marriage certificate and the child uses the surname of the father, the applicant must include the father’s letter of consent, download here บันทึกสอบปากคำบิดา.
- One copy of the child’s both parents’ passport.
- House registration(bostedattest) in Norway of the child’s both parents.
- One picture of the child, size 2’’ x 2’’