To apply for a visa, please choose different types of visa for Thailand from below.
We recommend you to apply for visa one month before you travel.!
There are 2 ways to apply visa:
1. In person
To apply visa in person, Please follow step below:
1.1 You need to prepare all required documents and fill in application form(s) Download
1.2 Walk-in hours for visa application are Monday – Friday (except holidays) 9:00 a.m. to 12.00 a.m.
1.3 Processing time could take longer than 5 working days during high season.
2. Via post
To apply visa by mail usually takes longer time to proceed. Usual process takes approximately 14 working days or longer without mailing time. When submitting an application by mail, please include:
2.1 Filled in and signed application form(s) Download and all required documents
2.2 a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage stamps is required (envelope size 20 cm x 27 cm and 210 NOK of stamp with track number from Posten)
The Embassy will not be responsible for lost, damage, delay or misdirected mail.
Please note that there are some nationalities that require:
1. Additional documents (see at the bottom of this page)
2. Health Requirement (see at the bottom of this page)
A visa to enter into Thailand is considered by Thai authorities as a privilege extended to that particular applicant, not a right nor a commodity. The visa may be refused or canceled by officers in charge. When applying for visas from the Thai Embassy, it is advisable to be courteous and cooperative, failure to do so may result in delay or refusal to process your application.
Thai Ministry of Public Health – Includes links to a hospital in Thailand, Health Situation and Trends in Thailand, etc.
- Thai Food and Drug Administration
- Guidance for Travellers under Treatment Carrying Personal Medications Containing Narcotic Drugs/Psychotropic Substances into/out of Thailand
- Application for Bringing Prescriptions Containing Controlled Substances into Thailand – This form must be submitted at least two weeks before traveling to Thailand and must be approved by the Thai Food and Drug Administration BEFORE bringing controlled medications into Thailand. Forms can be faxed to FDA in Thailand at (+66) 25918471 or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not if submitting form by e-mail or fax, the original must be sent via post. Please see “Guidance for Travellers under treatment carrying personal medications containing narcotic drugs/psychotropic substances into/out of Thailand” above for specific requirements.
- Frequently asked questions about bringing prescription medication in and out of Thailand
- List of Insurance Providers in Thailand
Please do not contact the consulate for additional information regarding bringing restricted medications to Thailand. You will need to contact the Thai Food and Drug Administration directly see website: http://www.fda.moph.go.th/sites/FDA_EN/Pages/Main.aspx